This position is responsible for providing expert-level knowledge, counsel, and direction in major legal focused areas for a market leading health insurance company. The role will focus on providing corporate transactions and governance legal guidance, drafting and negotiation support. Regarded as a top attorney for expertise in those areas the position will provide in-depth legal counsel, direction and support on corporate transactions and governance and translate expertise on negotiation and material contract terms to high-stakes contracts across the enterprise. This position is directly linked to several strategic imperatives and risk mitigation initiatives and will handle the most complex legal matters or projects.
* Law degree and license to practice law in the state where the legal department is located.
* 10 years legal experience with specific focus on health insurance and direct experience leading legal support of corporate transactions
* Experience in the following areas:
* Strong and proven negotiation skills to support business leaders and mitigate financial, strategic and operational risk.
* Expertise in managing high risk, complex transactions, including drafting, negotiation and risk mitigation, providing business-focused legal guidance
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically on legal and business issues and deliver high quality and timely legal services.
* Highly developed judgment skills and abilities.
* Experience advising senior leaders on complex legal matters, ensuring compliance with federal and state laws.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Legal Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago