Solutions Architect - Application Development
Job ID: SS-1018897 Description:
Responsible for translating the client's business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture. Looking for a hands-on (i.e. loves to code) architect that helps to drive new technology adoption for HCSC. Enjoys exploring new stuff and keeps up with the latest tech trends. Likes to think differently and is not afraid to try new things. He/she will prove out, standardize, and socialize new technology approaches for the rest of the enterprise through reference implementations. Mentors application architects/developers.
REQUIRED JOB DESCRIPTIONS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Five to eight years of experience in at least two IT disciplines in a client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment,including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Micro-services architecture, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate solution architecture into application design decisions.
- Abilityto quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Ability to estimate the organizational and financial impact of technology alternatives.
- Proven experience to quickly adopt and learn new architectures, technologies, and design patterns.
- Able to communicate complex technical or architecture concepts in a simple manner and can adapt to different audiences.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong proficiency in Java concepts or other object-oriented languages, and object modeling.
- Demonstrated experience with open source technology stack and cloud computing.
- Demonstrated experience with Microservices architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with data movement and integration across the enterprise.
- Solid understanding of modeling notations including UML, ArchiMate, SysML.
- Experience in iterative and/or agile and/or scrum development
"As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members."
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top