Senior Managing Actuary
This position is responsible for managing the implementation, maintenance and critical review and analysis of models, studies and systems which use actuarial principles for the purposes of pricing, underwriting, statistics, reserving, forecasting and other actuarial functions; developing complicated models and teaching others how to develop models; developing written and oral presentations that drive the delivery of information for decision making; and managing complex day-to day projects that may include non-Actuarial departments and external parties. Must also possess and demonstrate a deep understanding of multiple actuarial areas and at least one business segment.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics. Other Bachelor (or higher) Degrees may be considered.
•Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA). Compliance with the membership requirements for each professional designation.
• At least 5 years of actuarial experience in the health insurance or related field.
• Verbal and written communications skills to prepare effective documentation, facilitate training and development, and participate in presentations.
• PC proficiency to include Word and Excel.Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Access, SQL, Visual Basic or other programming skills.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Actuarial Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Sr. Tooling DevOps Engineer
Aparna coordinates with her team in Chicago as they work to activate a wide range of applications onto newer platforms while acclimating users to the new apps and processes.
Back to top