Senior Internal Consultant
Job ID: DM-1020013 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for functioning as an enterprise consultant, working within HCSC to lead engagements to resolve business issues and implement solutions. They play a critical role on enterprise level engagements responsible for leading a matrixed team responsible for delivery of the engagement objectives and serve as a project based senior consultant. This position is also responsible for ensuring that deliverables are within scope of engagements, and that they are working within the allocated resources and timelines. This position defines and drives strategic, operational, and organizational improvements across the company. The incumbent will work on a range of critical projects and issues in support of the advancement of HCSC*s strategic priorities, tackling operational challenges and fostering innovation.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 6 years of relevant work experience at a management consulting firm including experience leading and delivering high profile projects and initiatives within a highly matrixed organization
- Strong negotiation, decision making, organizational and analytical skills
- Flexibility and experience managing multiple projects and demands concurrently
- Healthcare or health solutions industry experience
- Ability to develop and present ideas/recommendations to executive level management as well as audiences external to the organization
- Ability to provide guidance to develop and execute complex analysis and strong executive presentation skills
- Executive presence and ability to influence
- Strong business acumen as demonstrated by the ability to assimilate information quickly, identify gaps, and recommend improvements
- Collaborative yet proactive approach with the ability to anticipate and minimize roadblocks through understanding and partnership
- Project management ability
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, modeling and presentation skills
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior work experience in consulting, health insurance, investment banking, and/or strategy functions in a large organization and in engagement leadership roles
Requirements: Expertise Corporate Strategy, Project Management, Other Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top