Senior Cybersecurity Assessment Engineer-RED TEAM
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members
The Sr. Cybersecurity Assessment Engineer position is a senior technical role on the Cybersecurity Red Team at HCSC. This is a telecommuting/remote position. There may be occasional travel to Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; or other HCSC sites. The position is a lead position that will provide Red Team exercise development and execution, as well as mentorship to other Red Team members.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Perform non-traditional penetration testing and Red Team engagements to emulate the behavior of an Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) using realistic and safe attack techniques and sophisticated tradecraft.
- Perform assessments using covert actions to avoid detection and overt actions to test incident response capabilities.
- Attempt to penetrate the external network perimeter and gain a foothold on the internal network, simulating sophisticated cyberattacks to identify vulnerabilities.
- Attempt to accomplish a complete infrastructure compromise to include undetected command and control from the Internet, administrative-level control of the entire Windows forest, and direct access to protected data.
- Evaluate defenses through collaborative Purple Team exercises designed to measure incident detection and response, identifying critical areas of risk and performing gap analysis on exercise results.
- Leverage OSINT to determine and enumerate high value assets, use social media to refine the information as needed, and attempt targeted/ spear phishing campaigns to gain access to HCSC systems and data.
- Be proficient in one or more of the following: C, C++, Python, Powershell
- Develop and modify attack processes, plans, and offensive tooling, such as malware, maldocs, and evasive utilities and functionality as needed.
- Perform covert security assessments utilizing both "white hat" and "black hat" penetration testing techniques, methodology, and best practices; and perform testing against various systems, which may include but is not limited to web applications, databases, web services, network devices, operating systems, cloud installations, and infrastructure devices.
- Develop new scripts, tools, and methodologies to enhance Red Team processes.
- Perform physical intrusion testing to measure the strength of existing physical security controls.
- Effectively communicate findings and mitigation strategies to stakeholders and develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
- Produce written finding reports detailing the methods used, exploited weaknesses, and recommendations to correct and prevent the exploitation.
- Promote a working environment that increases collaboration, predictability, transparency and promotes a culture of experimentation and innovation.
- Be able to collaborative effectively and consistently throughout the day through chat/messaging mediums that enable remote team communication.
- Promote team diversity and acceptance.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree with 8 years IT security experience OR 10 years experience.
- Experience in the following: computer architecture, operating systems, inter-process communications, networking protocols and their related implementations.
- 8 years experience in a related technical security role.
- Relevant security certifications (OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, GXPN etc.) desired, but not required.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TELECOMMUTE, IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Back to top