Senior Client Consultant - Healthcare Benefits
Job ID: CP-1014844 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
As a Sr. Client Consultant, you will be responsible for analyzing the cost and quality of health care for our large clients, and delivering those results in a meaningful way. You will engage with senior level corporate leaders to build a deep understanding of the drivers of their health plans, evaluate cost and quality impact of plan initiatives, and the identification of future concerns. Working with our account leadership, you will help structure effective and actionable solutions that will accomplish both short and long term client objectives, leveraging one of the largest medical databases in the country.
This position is responsible for performing research and assists in analyzing financial and health data, including medical algorithms to determine health care expenditures, medical and economic outcomes, and cost containment strategies. Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics including 1 year experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data, including pharmacy OR 7 years experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics including 1 year experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data, including pharmacy.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Takes initiative to solve complex problems; takes an outside /in perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Preference will be given to applicants with the following knowledge, skills, experience, or education:
- MBA or Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance, or Accounting; *Analyzing and making recommendations around healthcare benefits
- Understanding or experience with underwriting and/or actuarial practices
- Demonstrated client-facing experience and presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills with data analytics including healthcare claims data manipulation, analysis, and ability to explain both high level and detailed view of the data
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, solve complex problems, and make quick decisions
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skill level with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to articulate depth and breadth of expertise in the following: Analytical thinking, communication for results, conceptual thinking, information seeking, initiative, openness to learning, results orientation, teamwork, thoroughness, and understanding environment
This position can be based in Richardson, TX or Chicago, IL.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top