Senior Analytics Strategy Consultant
Job ID: CP-1020247 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for analyzing the complex business problems being addressed by product, member, provider, regulatory and enterprise strategies, and new business cases and developing solutions for clients. Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Defines client needs, determines a strategy and develops a plan/proposal for delivery of the project. May provide consultation to clients and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues. May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools. The person in this position may also be responsible for writing business cases for new information-based solutions and should know how to equate business outcomes with cost benefit analysis and tangible metrics to support.
- Bachelors degree with at least 6 years of experience working in a role which requires one of more of the following: business development, business analyst, innovation management, etc OR 12 years of experience working in a role which requires one of more of the following: business development, business analyst, innovation management
- 6 years consulting and/or industry experience.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
- Takes initiative to solve complex problems; takes an outside-in perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects
- Knowledge to assist business areas in defining their information strategy.
- Experience using best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Experience developing business cases and related financial literacy to support cases, and ability to write business cases demonstrating future direction for leveraging information in the member, provider, product, and regulatory domains.
- Gathering and document business requirements in support of information-related strategies
- Solve complex problems; take a new perspective using existing solutions
- Knowledge of various software development processes, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, and development, agile methodologies, and tools and technologies.
- Create and conduct presentations to inform and influence, with the ability to think laterally and creatively.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience interacting successfully with management and staff across multiple departments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio) for written communication and analysis.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Economics, or Finance
- Experience in strategy/management consulting firms, health insurance, investment banking, and/or strategy functions in a large organization.
- Multi-level professional communication skills with both internal and external audiences (verbal, written, presentation, social media).
- Must be intellectually curious and passionate about using data and analytics to drive change
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in strategic thinking
- Experience formulating and testing hypotheses to determine solutions that drive maximum business impact.
- Ability to tell the story through data and analytics – translating technical findings into actionable insights
- Experience in a position that required strategic planning techniques and application of industry trends.
- Experience in a position that required:
- Research / Analytical skills
- Project Management skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Multi-tasking / Prioritization skills
- Relationship Building Skills
- Knowledge in Statistical Modeling
- Statistical modeling
- Working knowledge of statistical software (e.g., R, Python)
- Familiarity with prescriptive or predictive analytics
- Familiarity with AI and machine learning
- Strategy consulting experience
- Mastery of BI tools such as Tableau or Power BI
This position is based in Chicago,IL or Richardson, TX
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top