Senior Analytics Consultant - Large Group Sales Proposal Support
Job ID: EMO-1019790 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for strategic analytical support for the large self-insured employer group sales cycle. Provides recommendations related to networks, products and services to include in proposals, including proof points for value of these items. Proposes methods and parameters for fulfilling data requests. Provides analytical support for sales story and provides proactive analytics for target prospects. Position requires collaboration with multiple departments including sales, product development, network management, healthcare management, finance, and other analytical areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Provide strategic analytical support for the sales and proposal process, includes:
- Collaborate with sales teams on crafting data driven recommendations related to networks, products, and other services to include in specific proposals
- Requires staying current on availability & best use of client tools, analytic portfolio, value stories & case studies
- Requires understanding of cost / benefit of various network options
- Requires understanding of product value stories and interaction between products
- Requires understanding of prospect's demographics, opportunities, and motivations
- Provide proof points for value of HCSC
- Coordinate Client Analytics efforts related to discount analysis, repricing, presale analytics, etc
- Synthesize results to demonstrate complete holistic picture
- Advise sales team of methods and parameters to consider for fulfilling formal Request for Proposal (RFP) data requests
- This role applies critical thinking and industry knowledge to identify appropriate methods and parameters for compiling this data, with focus on supplying an accurate response that also positions HCSC favorably
- Example: many RFPs request data such as average discounts by region or average cost by procedure code to facilitate network comparisons across providers, but don't specify the exact population, time periods, or other parameters to use
- This role is responsible for evaluating the request, considering and analyzing options to determine the most appropriate response for that specific RFP
- This role includes some involvement in the actual coding and compiling of data, along with managing the efficient use/demand of other support resources
- Provide analytical support for annual sales story
- Define metrics and parameters to support overall sales efforts
- e.g., volume of returning accounts, retention statistics, discount improvements
- May rely on other areas for support pulling these metrics
- Provide proactive analytics for target prospects and preparing for sales season
- Lead analytical efforts to identify potential prospects to target
- Maintain strong partnership with sales leads to identify & address top needs/gaps prior to each sales cycle
- Additional analytical support for the sales cycle as necessary
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics including 1 year experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data, including pharmacy OR 7 years experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics including 1 year experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data, including pharmacy.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Takes initiative to solve complex problems; takes an "outside –in"perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with at least 3 years experience in group healthcare benefits consulting
- Ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape related to large self-insured group healthcare benefits
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, analytical, and communication skills are essential
- Able to facilitate effective collaboration across teams
- Experience compiling, sorting, and analyzing complex data using SQL
- Experience using advanced features within Microsoft Excel, including index functions, statistical functions, and macros
- Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top