Senior Analytics Consultant
Job ID: EMO-1019789 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
Located in Richardson, TX this position is responsible for analytical support related to costs, trends and program performance for large self-insured accounts. Collaborates with internal and external customers to assess analytical needs. Provides thought and project leadership toward addressing analytical needs. Defines methods, assumptions, and data parameters. Performs, supervises, and / or reviews detailed technical work. Effectively communicates results. Position requires collaboration across multiple departments including sales and account management, product development, network management, healthcare management, finance, and other analytical areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Provide analytical support related to costs, trends and program performance for large self-insured accounts, including:
- Collaborate with customers to assess analytical needs
- Determine root questions or issues underlying specific requests
- Translate data requests into underlying business concerns
- Translate loosely-defined customer requests into well-defined analytical needs
- Requires strong communication and analytical skills, and a collaborative approach
- Focus on needs related to large ASO account costs, trends and program performance
- Primary customers are internal HCSC Client Consultants
- Secondary customers include HCSC Sales and Account Management, large ASO customer representatives, and other areas of HCSC requiring analytics related to large ASO account results
- Provide thought and project leadership toward addressing analytical needs
- Define methods, assumptions, data and parameters to employ in project in collaboration with others
- Requires strong analytical skills and experience in healthcare analytics, particularly related to financial outcomes
- Perform, supervise, and/or review detailed technical work in accordance with project plan
- Requires use of various data and analytical software tools including SQL, Excel, Tableau, SAS and/or R
- Requires ability to perform and validate accuracy of detailed calculations within context of high-level project goals
- Effectively communicate results
- Prepare presentation-ready materials communicating findings and recommendations
- Coach / train others on underlying analysis and effective use of results materials
- Present results to internal and external customers and answer related questions
- Support existing analytical tools and processes
- Run existing analytical tools; adjust results to meet non-standard needs
- Summarize results in client-facing materials; interpret/explain results for internal/external customers
JOB REQUIREMENTS (you must meet these requirements to be considered):
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics including 1 year experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data, including pharmacy OR 7 years experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics including 1 year experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data, including pharmacy.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Takes initiative to solve complex problems; takes an "outside –in"perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects[
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with at least 3 years experience in analytics related to group health care outcomes
- Experience compiling, sorting, and analyzing complex data using SQL and/or Datameer
- Experience creating dashboards and data visualizations using Tableau or similar software
- Experience using advanced features within Microsoft Excel, including index functions, statistical functions, and macros
- Experience using SAS, R, or other similar advanced statistical tools
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, analytical, and communication skills are essential
- Able to facilitate effective collaboration across teams
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top