Senior Analytics Consultant
Job ID: KS-1018548 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position will be responsible for the client-facing data and analytics engagements for some of BCBSIL's largest clients. The candidate will preferably have Executive-Level presentation experience or a proven track record of conveying complex ideas to a diverse audience. Will lead research in analyzing financial and health data for large employer groups. Must leverage tools such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, etc., to determine health care expenditures, medical and economic outcomes, and cost containment strategies. Possesses the ability to think critically and work independently (as well as within a team) in order to analyze complex problems and issues using large data sets. Ideally, the candidate will have a pension for creative thinking and a desire to improve the healthcare landscape for BCBSIL's most innovative clients.
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics including 1 year experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data, including pharmacy OR 7 years experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics including 1 year experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data, including pharmacy.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Takes initiative to solve complex problems; takes an outside in perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects
- Experience working with SQL and/or SAS
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience working with external clients in a consultative capacity, presenting data and findings.
- Ability to articulate depth and breadth of expertise in the following: Analytical thinking, communication for results, conceptual thinking, information seeking, initiative, openness to learning, results orientation, teamwork, thoroughness, and understanding environment.
This position is based in Chicago, IL.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top