Senior Actuarial Analyst
- Richardson, TX
Senior Actuarial Analyst
Richardson, TX, Austin, TX
This position is responsible for:
- participating in implementation, maintenance and more detailed analysis of models, studies and systems which use actuarial principles for the purposes of pricing, underwriting, statistics, reserving, forecasting and other actuarial functions;
- running and developing complicated models and performing detailed analysis of the results;
- developing simple written and oral presentations that provide basic information for decision making;
- and understanding basic business and actuarial concepts.
Within this role you will be working with a BCBSTX client that covers over 94,000 members. This role will have an active partnership with the client and will be attending and contributing towards in-person and telephonic meetings.
You will be:
- analyzing complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers,
- identifying and interpreting trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences in the client's health, utilization and financial data,
- providing meaningful and actionable insights to ultimately help the client save money and optimize health care consumption for their members.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics. Other Bachelor (or higher) Degrees may be considered.
- Completion of at least three (3) ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) exam equivalents based on specifications in the Society of Actuaries Education and Examination System.
- At least two (2) years of actuarial experience.
- Verbal and written communications skills to prepare effective documentation, facilitate training and development, and participate in presentations.
- PC proficiency to include Word and Excel.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Very highly preferred:Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA).
- Access, SQL, Visual Basic or other programming skills.
- Two or more years' actuarial experience in the health insurance or related field.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Actuarial Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Austin, TX - Richardson
Back to top