Scrum Master III
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for guiding the team in developing the solution using Agile practices; being accountable for software build activities.
Enable the Enterprise Program delivery and strategic goals
- Responsible for managing complex programs with multiple cross team integration points.
- Responsible for effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership of agile teams.
- Facilitate the Agile Release Train events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value.
- Apply best principles based on situation (Context sensitive) fostering highly Adaptive and Dynamic environment.
- Enable delivery and overall implementation Enterprise level releases with highest Quality.
- Facilitate Backlog management(Hierarchy based), Estimation, Prioritization, Stand up meetings, retrospectives, documentation of working agreement, definition of ready and definition of done for the scrum team.
- Collaborate with Product Manager to plan roadmap execution based on estimates and capacity; also identify risks to the plan.
Lead Scrum of Scrums Ceremony
- Facilitates Scrum of Scrums ceremony to identify & track dependencies and program impediments & risks.
- Communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement for scrum masters and IT PM
Manage Distributed Agile Development
- Manage Distributed Agile teams (on-shore/offshore) and provide feedback to team members establishing continuous learning and growth oriented organization.
Facilitate Continuous Improvement
- Mentors and coach on Agile practices at the leadership and Scrum Master level.
- Develop program specific Agile Playbook and enable Agile training and onboarding including Jira best practices.
- Assess Agile Maturity (via Agile Maturity Model) and develop & implement action plan for improvement in agile maturity.
- Continue to refine program level implementation governance
- Facilitate Program specific Agile Council and Scrum Master Community of Practice (COP) to collaborate across program scrum teams to identify lessons learned and coordinate action plans that that other teams can leverage.
- Report, Refine and use Metrics (Quality, Quantity) exhibiting highest level of transparency to stakeholders in support of Informed decision making.
- Facilitate documenting, publishing and executing the team's continuous improvement plan (based on retrospectives).
- Work with Program Manager to understand and establish releases and associated functionality for all threads and scrums. This may include coordination with Environment deployment teams.
- Help manage overall implementation across releases and communicate progress to Tech Program Manager or Program Manager.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree and 7 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 9 years Information Technology experience OR 11 years Information Technology experience.
- 5-7 years of practitioner experience leading Enterprise level scale Agile / Scrum programs.
- Expertise in Agile / Scrum development methodologies & tools (Jira / Jenkins/ GitHub / Cucumber).
- Scaled Agile implementation for large-scale program including expertise in running PI planning and dependency management
- Expertise in test automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD) & Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience in Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) & Feature-Driven Development (FDD)
- Expertise in DevOps / continuous deployment / integration process & tools.
- Excellent Leadership skills and ability to lead Enterprise level change management initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal including coaching and mentoring large teams
- Problem solving, analytical and innovative thinking.
- Scrum Master Certification Level 2 (CSP, PSM II) and SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- SAFe Release Train Engineer Certification
- Experience in leading large scale Salesforce program implementation
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top