Scrum Master II
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for guiding the team in developing the solution using Agile practices; being accountable for software build activities.
- Coach the scrum team to become a self-organized, cross-functional and highly efficient team that delivers high-quality products.
- Facilitate Scrum events such as backlog creation/grooming, prioritization, stand up meetings, estimation, showcase and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with Product Manager to plan roadmap execution based on estimates and capacity; also identify risks to the plan.
- Clarify deliverables and assignments to the scrum team and remove impediments.
- Facilitate documenting, publishing and executing the teams continuous improvement plan (based on retrospectives).
- Publish the teams agile metrics to management and stakeholders.
- Coach and mentor the scrum team in its scrum adoption.
- Facilitate the documentation of working agreement, definition of ready and definition of done for the scrum team.
- Conduct change management
- Engage Product Owners, Portfolio Leads, and PMs to fulfill their individual roles.
- Participate and/or Lead scrum adoption practices across the organization and related Community of Practices.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and 2 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 4 years Information Technology experience OR 6 years Information Technology experience.
- 2 years of practitioner experience leading Agile / Scrum projects.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum development methodologies & tools (Jira / Jenkins).
- Experience in DevOps / continuous deployment / integration process & tools.
- Experience in test-driven development.
- Experience in test automation.
- Problem solving, analytical and creative thinking.
- Teamwork and collaboration; interpersonal skills.
- Ability to execute.
- Project and program management.
- Rapid prototyping.
- Code versioning and/or code merge.
- Business acumen.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 3 years of practitioner experience leading Agile / Scrum projects.
- Scrum Master Certification Level 1 or 2 (CSP, PSM I/II)
- Management experience.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Sr. Tooling DevOps Engineer
Aparna coordinates with her team in Chicago as they work to activate a wide range of applications onto newer platforms while acclimating users to the new apps and processes.
Back to top