Job ID: DM-1018977 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for managing and leading the legislative and regulatory review efforts from preliminary regulatory and legislative research leading to modeling/scenario planning through implementation assigned programs and products. Responsible for recommending solutions for the business, creating responses, developing divisional policies and procedures, and creating scenarios for pending or adopted legislation or regulations, and the resulting potential impact on the organization. May coach and mentor staff.
- Bachelor degree and 5 years of experience in business or project management OR 9 years of experience in business or project management
- 3 years of regulatory experience
- Knowledge of financial and statistical analysis and interpretation, impact analysis and quantitative/data modeling methods
- Experience conducting analyses and developing, executing and communicating strategic and operational impacts
- Creative thinking skills
- Experience providing strategic and tactical direction based on quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Knowledge of the regulatory process and Health Care Industry business processes, functions and drivers
- Experience providing support to senior-level staff in process re-engineering and strategic problem-solving
- Knowledge of enterprise business operations
- Writing, executive presentation, verbal communication, facilitation, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Experience working independently and responding to rapidly changing priorities
- Monitor Federal regulations, regulatory body memos, administrative policy changes, etc. and determine impact to assigned programs.
- Manage and lead the legislative and regulatory research leading to modeling/scenario planning through implementation for assigned programs and products.
- Oversee legislative and regulatory implementation efforts to ensure successful implementation across applicable HCSC departments and operations functions.
- Recommend solutions, creating responses, developing policies and procedures, creating scenarios, and testing key division responses to pending or adopted state and Federal regulatory and sub regulatory guidance, and the resulting potential impact on the organization.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of the regulatory strategic and operational implementation plans in efforts to respond to the proposed or adopted regulatory requirements.
- For pending regulatory and sub regulatory guidance, propose solutions, propose responses, build appropriate scenarios, test scenarios, analyze risk, and develop opportunities. Partner with legal, implementation owners and other business areas in these efforts and ensure effective communication to other team members within the division.
- Working with the Business, assist in the development of key opportunities and compliance issues.
- Draft and propose appropriate new or changing corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Implementation and Operations teams to transition knowledge and training for all proposed implementations of legislative or regulatory response.
- Oversee and manage regulatory related communications and activities
- Responsible for presenting impact analyses and proposed implementation plans to senior leaders and/or functional workstream leadership.
- May coach junior level legislative and regulatory team members.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company related business.
- Maintain effective communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Masters Degree or J.D.
Requirements: Expertise Corporate Strategy, Analytics & Reporting, Audit, Project Management, General Health Care, Government Programs, Regulatory & Compliance, Other Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top