Records & Information Management Specialist
Job ID: DM-1017861 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
The Records and Information Management (RIM) Department is part of the HCSC Legal Department and reports up to the Director, eDiscovery. HCSC takes a modern approach to RIM by incorporating traditional paper records management strategies into digital records management. RIM interacts with Information Technology, business leadership and legal teams to manage the full lifecycle of information. As part of this effort, RIM participates in the management of the legal hold process as it relates to the identification of relevant information and the release of that information from legal hold.
This position reports to the Manager, RIM within HCSC's Legal Division. The candidate would be responsible for:
- Assisting HCSC's five-state Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans with the implementation of policies, procedures, standards and Retention Schedule for the creation, storage, maintenance and disposal of company Business Records and information under HCSC's Enterprise Records Retention Schedule (the Retention Schedule) and its RIM Program;
- Process incoming information using appropriate technology and equipment;
- Perform tasks that support the organization's litigation requirements;
- Assist legal counsel and management with the legal hold process;
- Collaborate with Information Technology to incorporate recordkeeping requirements into system design or upgrade;
- Collaborate with legal counsel and/or risk management to develop and implement the legal hold process and the resumption of records destruction
- Coordinating activities of the distributed RIM resources throughout the enterprise;
- Acting as a resource to business units for records and information management questions;
- Administering RIM training to the RIM distributed resources throughout the enterprise; and
- Reviewing regulatory updates to determine when changes to the Retention Schedule are required;
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years' experience in enterprise-wide records management in a large, complex corporate setting OR 7 years' experience in enterprise-wide records management in a large, complex corporate setting
- Basic understanding of records management processes and methodologies such as records classification and appraisal, records transfers, legal holds and records retention;
- Prior experience with offsite commercial records storage processes;
- Strong written/oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills;
- PC proficiency including Microsoft Office.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior experience training on RIM Best Practices;
- Familiarity with RIM and Legal Hold software;
- Current member of ARMA, AIIM or similar records & information management professional associations.
Requirements: Expertise Legal, Other Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top