Product Architect Consultant-Hadoop/Data/Analytics
Job ID: CM-1019430 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for leading all Data and Analytics Infrastructure decisions; leading ideation, technical development, and launch of new Data Infrastructure products; developing infrastructure architecture roadmap and alignment with enterprise architecture; assisting in the development of preliminary product business case(s) aligned to required business capabilities, long term architecture direction, & customer demand; overseeing and monitor investments across the product portfolio and provide support for HCSC IT financial management; supporting the infrastructure Product Manager in establishing a shared vision with IT Portfolio and DevOps stakeholders by building consensus on priorities and product design.
This position is responsible for the architecture, roadmap, and managing the full lifecycle management for Data & Analytics
A sampling of key Data/Analytic areas:
1.) Platform Services (Virtualization, and Container technologies, Pivotal/Cloud Foundry, Azure, AWS)
2.) Open Source data offerings (Postgres, Mysql, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc…)
3.) Traditional data offerings (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Teradata)
4.) HADOOP and its ecosystem (Pig, Hive, HBase, etc..)
5.) Analytics (Microsoft R Open, Tableau)
6.) Security (Encryption, Data masking)
7.) License Management
8.) Automation/Standardization (Ansible)
These activities will be performed in a highly matrixed organization across business portfolios and technical areas.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and 8 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR 10 years Information Technology experience.
- 6 years experience as a Product Architect.
- Experience in Predictive Analytics and Infrastructure Automation
- Experience with Platform Services, (e.g., Virtualization, AWS, Azure, and Container technologies)
- Experience with Data & Analytics using (e.g., DB/2, SQLServer, Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop).
- Ability to tie together solutions across products.
- Ability to counsel teams & individuals to wholly understand and effectively implement the proposed architecture
- Ability to create and articulate architectural and technical visions for the product.
- Ability to work in high degree of changes.
- Experience in showing value returned for IT Product investment exceeds the value invested.*Total Cost of Ownership for IT Products
- Development of a Cost Model of IT Products for business customers
- Establishing Service Level Agreements (SLA) and cost for IT Products
- Experience with building roadmaps for existing and future state IT Products
- A good understanding of IT Product licensing model (Ex: IBM DB2, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, etc..)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree (Computer Science, MIS, or related degrees).
- Oral & written communication.
- Problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques.
- Collaborative Leadership
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top