Producer Sales Consultant
Job ID: DM-1019319 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for new sales of individual health insurance products and ancillary products by assigned producers (brokers and general agents) for an assigned sales territory. This position is responsible for the recruitment and selection of new producers. This position is accountable for attaining new sales growth goals including facilitating training and continued review of performance of the assigned external producers. This position is accountable for building and maintaining relationships with producers and ensuring timely service to producers.
- Bachelor Degree OR minimum of 2 years health insurance sales experience including managing brokerage and/or field sales staff
- Verbal and written communications skills including interpersonal skills, building relationships, developing and facilitating presentations and interviewing
- Knowledge and skills of PC applications such as Microsoft office and databases
- Obtain a general agent insurance license within the first 3 months or currently possess an active department of insurance license from the state of residence or reciprocity
- Applicants must take and pass the HCSC Medicare Certification exam or must be currently certified having passed HCSC Medicare Certification program within the past year according to federal standards and regulations. Applicants who took the HCSC Medicare Certification exam and failed to become certified in the past year are not eligible to apply for this job in accordance with federal regulations
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- MBA or Masters in Health Administration
- Demonstrated experience in meeting and/or exceeding sales goals
- Knowledge of the health insurance industry, the producer community and Consumer Markets products
- Marketing skills
- Consultative skills
- Training skills
- Interviewing and selection skills
Requirements: Expertise Sales & Account Management Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Houston
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top