Principal Technology Architect
Job ID: CM-1019466 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for translating the business partners processes and requirements into specific systems, applications, integrations, and/or data designs for very large complex IT solutions; driving decisions, even when requirements are ambiguous. Identifies solution options with associated risks and issues, costs vs benefits, and impacts to the business processes; acting as an advocate for the business partner, ensuring that the architecture designed addresses the business problems; providing architectural direction for design activities. Provides technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate; may lead other architects in the development of solutions across a program or line of business; iidentifying technical debt and enterprise capability opportunities; providing architecture input in the prioritization and road mapping of initiatives for a line of business; facilitating the establishment standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions; tracking industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve the enterprise architecture needs. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of individual capabilities and business requirements.
Reporting to HCSC's Executive Director of Information Architecture and in collaboration with the Portfolio Enterprise Architect,this Principal Technology Architect will perform the following: guide the transformation effort in proper information architecture practices; advise data and application teams on technology direction; help clarify and communicate architectural options, impacts and risks of the selected design patterns, tools and overall development and deployment approach; develop
technical strategies to support program needs; identify the need for research and development in new technologies to support technical strategies; and contribute to the overall practice of Information Architecture with Enterprise Architecture Services.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12 years of technical data experience, including: data modeling/analysis, ETL architecture and development, and reporting/analytics delivery.
- Substantial experience with multiple relational database platforms, designed and constructed for different consumption patterns.
- Experience with NoSQL data platforms.
- Practical experience with Hadoop data platforms, possessing an understanding of the Big Data architecture involving multiple open source data access projects.
- Demonstrated history of developing and communicating conceptual, logical, and physical data architecture programs.
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, stakeholder management and consensus building
- Strong leadership and communications skills.
- Strong business acumen, strategic and analytical thinking, root cause analysis, and creative problem solving ability.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Healthcare industry expertise
- Experience in financial payments or insurance claims
- Experience with insurance product design and benefit coding
- Experience delivering multi-year transformational initiatives
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top