Principal Solutions Architect
Job ID: SS-1018811 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position will be in the forefront in leading the systems architecture (including applications, data and technology domains) for a multi-year, multi-million dollar enterprise transformational program. The goal of program is to incorporate modern technologies (.e.g. APIs, Microservices, Rules Engines) into the platform of one of the largest claim adjudication systems in the United States (which processes approximately one million medical claims per day), while concurrently enhancing business capabilities and positioning for the future. This individual will play a critical role in the Program Integration Office in driving the definition of and adherence to the program's 'true north' future state roadmap which is critical to our success as the largest customer-owned health insurance company in the United States. There are a broad range of essential skills that the candidate should possess such as the following
- Critical Thinking: Ability to quickly develop a structured approach to solving very complex problems and think analytically / critically.
- Problem Solving: Deep business acumen as it applies to architecture trade-off analysis for decision making.
- Big Picture Thinking: Avoids tunnel vision and being able to collaboratively look at a problem from multiple angles to test your own rationale.
- Executive Engagement: Ability to communicate complex technical or architectural options in a simple way to decision makers to allow for informed investment decisions.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to effectively lead a team including architects and designers in a highly matrixed organization to deliver solutions to production while aligning to enterprise architecture direction.
- People Skills: Ability to interact with people across a variety of levels and roles using strong communication, facilitation and negotiation skills in order to influence decision makers.
- Business savvy: Knows the healthcare industry (specifically Claim Processing) and understands how the technology can really affect the business.
- Enterprise Architecture Process Orientation: Familiar with translating business architecture and requirements into solutions in an agile manner while development is occurring in parallel.
- Results Oriented: Drives architecture decisions to resolution even when requirements are ambiguous.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical / business areas or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of relevant work experience, with over 3+ years experience leading enterprise wide architecture initiatives
- Understands all domains of architecture and applies knowledge to create a solution architecture to solve business problems and can mentor others as needed
- Develops solution architectures for large enterprises while partnering with Enterprise Architects, Business Architectures and Application Architects; driving decisions to resolution even when requirements are ambiguous Application design and development, particularly with high transaction volumes Middleware and Integration technology design work message based and Java oriented technologies knowledge management Developing standards, reference architectures, and guidelines for enterprise use
- Knowledge of current technologies, emerging trends, architectural principles and design patterns
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business agile architecture, including trade off analyses
- Experience in reviewing detailed designs to ensure architectural alignment and project success
- Experienced architecting and/or designing Health Claim Processing systems
- Business and financial acumen
- Architecture input in prioritization and road mapping of capability improvements for a line of business.
- Ability to lead a team of architects to deliver solution architectures which drive capability improvements to a line of business.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top