Principal Program Manager
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for providing a blend of technical and business acumen to drive the design, development, and implementation of strategic programs; building a sufficient level of knowledge of IT products and LOB to enable targeted probing of delivery feasibility and conflicts with other projects; being accountable for end-to-end delivery of the most strategically important programs (could include multiple projects), including managing the cost / budget; schedule & dependencies; resources; scope; quality; and risk; driving deliverables and activities with PDL and IT Product Managers by removing barriers, escalating risk/issues, building consensus, and driving decisions; leading team of matrixed program / project managers.
The Principal Program Manager (the "Principal") is a new role in our EPMO, resulting from over a year of ITOM-driven organizational redesign. Principals in our EPMO are responsible for leading the design, development, and implementation of our most strategic programs (typically, $25MM+), by utilizing their heavy knowledge of IT products / HCSC Lines of Business to manage program-level budgets, schedules, dependencies, resources, scope, quality, and risks.
• Lead the effective and efficient delivery of the largest and most strategically important programs ($25M+), including scope, schedule, cost, risk, resources, quality.
• Establish program governance from the outset and ensure governance mechanisms are functioning properly.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks; elevate to the properly accountable parties as necessary.
• Establish, maintain and provide management reporting using appropriate metrics.
• Develop and maintain relationships with program stakeholders and executives in order to understand products/velocity and unique LOB items.
• Support PDL (through matrixed reporting) to drive deliverables and activities, remove barriers, and escalate risks/issues (as required).
• Create, maintain and disseminate program information to stakeholders.
• Accountable for final delivery of program deliverables and business outcomes - leverages business & technical. understanding to ensure appropriate review and quality validation occur for deliverables.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree and 7 years business Experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to development to testing to production deployment and maintenance; OR Technical certification and 9 Experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to development to testing to production deployment and maintenance; OR 10 years business Experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to development to testing to production deployment and maintenance.
• Experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to development to testing to production deployment and maintenance.
• Understanding of common software delivery models - OWF, Scrum, XP.
• Knowledge of Clarity PPM system.
• Microsoft Suite, including Excel, PPT, Word, Project.
• Ability to influence (indirect reports, project stakeholders, and executives).
• Ability to manage in a matrix organization.
• Ability to handle ambiguity.
• Take ownership and accountability for outcomes.
• Drive for results and drives certainty in delivery.
• Structured, organized and methodical in execution.
• Develop trusted relationships and demonstrates deep Interpersonal skills.
• Agility and flexibility to adapt to constantly changing priorities.
• Organizational/political savvy.
• Teamwork and collaboration.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Project Management, Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top