Platform Engineer Consultant - PCF
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Job Purpose :
This position is responsible for leading ideation, technical development, and launch of new Infrastructure products and capabilities for Platform as a Service (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, PKS, Kubernetes, docker, etc...); the role assists in developing infrastructure roadmaps and alignment with enterprise architecture; assisting in the development of preliminary product business case(s) aligned to required business capabilities; supporting the infrastructure Product Manager in establishing a shared vision with IT Portfolio and DevOps stakeholders by building consensus on priorities and product design; developing high and low level designs for product solutions; supporting platform services, advanced integration, DBM or Analytics.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree and 8 years in Information Technology or relevant experience
• Experience with the platform as a service and container technologies like Cloud Foundry, Openshift, Kubernetes, docker, etc.
• Experience working in public cloud environments - AWS, Azure, GCP
• Experience in infrastructure automation (ansible, puppet, chef, ruby, golang, python), and continuous delivery (concourse, Jenkins)
• Experience working with open source projects and software, and deploying it in a large scale enterprise environment
• Experience working on open source distributed systems and management technologies like vault, consul, etcd, zookeeper, Prometheus, ELK
• Strong knowledge of middleware, integration and messaging platforms and technologies
• Strong knowledge of infrastructure technology fundamentals like OS/Linux administration, compute, networking, storage and security
• Experience with infrastructure engineering and operations
• Experience with solutions to enable Operations Management, ITILv3
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Problem-solving/ analytical skills, tools and techniques
• Experience working in an agile or extreme programming environment
• Experience using test-driven development practices
• Experience with testing and verifying distributed systems (chaos engineering)
• Contributions to open source software projects
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson, IL - Chicago
Back to top