Platform Engineer Consultant - PCF
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for collaborating with Solutions Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, and Infrastructure Service Management teams in the design and build of infrastructure solutions/blueprints for area of responsibility; participating in the design and build of repeatable patterns (build-kits) to improve deployment times for non-prod and prod environments; transitioning knowledge to Infrastructure Operations. This role will be focused on the engineering of the Pivotal Cloud Foundry environment and all the related tools in its ecosystem. Leverage your experience with Automation to best affect our environment.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree and 5 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 years of Information Technology experience OR 9 years of Information Technology experience.
• Infrastructure Automation
• Operations Management
• ITIL v3, IT standards, procedures, policies
• Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
• Understanding of business priorities (e.g., vision), trends (e.g., industry knowledge) and markets (e.g., existing/ planned)
• Oral & written communications
• Problem-solving / analytical skills, tools, and techniques
• Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions
• Drive cross-functional execution
• Adaptability and ability to introduce/manage change
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Organized and detail oriented
• Experience in working in an agile environment
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, MIS, or related degrees).
• Experience with Automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
• Hands on experience engineering and operating Cloud Foundry (or similar Platform as a Service solution)
• Experience engineering monitoring systems of complex distributed systems using open source technologies
• Knowledge of working in a public cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Comfortable writing code (golang, ruby, python, or any other infra management DSL) to manage infrastructure and distributed systems for provisioning, testing, lifecycle management and de-provisioning
• Extensive experience automating the full lifecycle of infrastructure
• Familiar with practices of cloud-native application development and deployment
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top