Pharmacy Underwriting Consultant
This position is responsible for achieving profit, growth, service and expense objectives through the financial analysis and pricing of HCSCs RX business by quoting and rating proposals, projection renewal and the preparation of annual settlements and experience reporting. Under minimal supervision, the Group Underwriting Consultant serves as an expert consultant on matters pertaining to underwriting, performance guarantees, and other financial considerations. Provides underwriting services to determine pricing and monitors accounts to ensure they remain on a profitable basis. Maintains and applies knowledge of pricing strategies in the health insurance industry.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in mathematics or accounting
- Minimum of 5 years underwriting experience
- Advanced knowledge of mathematical applications used in underwriting, including ability to calculate figures such as discounts, proportions and percentages, as well as application of basic concepts of business mathematics and algebra in - underwriting problems
- Knowledge of State and Federal legislation to group health underwriting
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with major pharmacy benefit managers
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Underwriting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top