Member Care Coordinator - Government Programs
Job ID: LEO-1018916 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
Note - This position will require making visits to members homes
This position is responsible for conducting home health assessment, contacting identified members to inform and educate them on health care programs to address their personal health plan needs, engaging the member in discussion of adherence to personal health plans, responding to inquiries from members, and supporting the clinicians in the Medical Management department with their provider and member activities.
- Bachelor of Social Work or Psychology OR LVN, LPN with 1 year experience in managed care systems OR RN OR 3 years care coordination for a state managed or waiver program OR 3 years managed care systems experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience coordinating member medical related needs, providing assistance to members, and analyzing member needs
- PC proficiency including Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service skills
- Verbal and written communications skills including developing written correspondence to members and to other department personnel and coaching skills, including motivational interviewing, to educate members on medical issues
- Current state driver license, transportation, and applicable insurance
- Ability and willingness to travel
Requirements: Expertise Government Programs Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top