Medical Management Specialist I - Government Programs
Job ID: LEO-1018952 Description:
Multiple positions are available, with 50 - 75% in-state territory travel with Work from Home potential
Positions available in the following counties: Winnebago, JoDavies, Stephenson, Boone, Carroll, Ogle, DeKalb, Whiteside, Lee, Rock Island, Henry, Bureau, Mercer, Warren, Henderson and Hancock
This position is responsible for conducting medical management and health education programs for customers on government health care programs. Accountabilities include gathering, analyzing and providing date for regulatory reports. This position will represent the company to members.
- Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Social Worker (LSW), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with 2 years direct clinical care to the consumer in a clinical setting.
- Current, valid, unrestricted license in the state of operations (or reciprocity). For compact licensee changing permanent residence to state of operations, you must obtain active, unrestricted RN licensure in the state of operations within 90 days of hire.
- Plus 3 years wellness or managed care experience presenting clinical issues with members/physicians.
- Knowledge of the health and wellness marketplace and employer trends.
- Current Illinois drivers license, transportation and applicable insurance.
- Ability and willingness to travel within assigned territory
- Verbal and written communication skills including discussing medical needs with members and interfacing with internal staff/management and external vendors and community resources.
- Analytical experience including medical data analysis.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, database experience and Web based applications.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 years clinical experience.
- Patient education experience.
- Condition Management experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience in managing complex or catastrophic cases.
- Certification in Case Management, Training, Project Management or nationally recognized health care certification.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Nursing Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Rockford
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top