Medical Drug Contracting Manager - Pharmacy
POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE DOWNTOWN CHICAGO, IL. OFFICE
Skills/Experience needed: Network communications.
Medical drug management benefit changes/strategies.
Working with provider relations/communications on the changes
This position is responsible for medical benefit drug contracting activities for physicians, physician groups and facilities (independent hospitals, independent physicians with negotiations, small group / IPAs, home infusion providers, facilities, etc.) while working with the individual state plan networking teams. Responsible for implementation and education of plan network contracting team and providers for drug-related portions of the contract while ensuring that drug management strategies are incorporated. May be responsible for or assist with contracting of or supporting services for large or complex groups/facilities. Participate in assigned workgroups related to medical drug management strategy and product development.
• Pharm D or RPh Pharmacist in the state of IL, including 4 years experience
• Drug contracting and/or pricing experience in a hospital, specialty pharmacy, or GPO
• Knowledge of provider and facility contracting, products, and claims/processing systems.
• Negotiation skills.
• Relationship building skills.
• Knowledge of marketplace.
• Meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Verbal and written communication skills; organizational and planning skills.
• PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office.
• Analytical skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel within assigned areas of responsibility, including occasional overnight stays (travel outside Chicago and suburbs up to 10%).
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Other Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top