Media & Public Relations Lead Consultant
Job ID: DM-1017820 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for implementing the company's media, public relations and issues management objectives. Serves as company spokesperson; helps lead proactive media relations outreach, awards and speaking programs on behalf of HCSC and its executives; ; Prepares, writes, develops, edits and distributes press releases, byline articles, media alerts and other forms of external communications; ; acts as a liaison with PR and other teams across the business, including the health plans and subsidiaries, to promote the distribution of our news and data; and maintains close working relationships with media and health industry officials statewide and with internal management to stay abreast of rapid business and industry changes. Coordinates print, radio, television, cable appearances of HCSC officials.
- Bachelor degree AND 5 years PR experience including managing local, regional, national and publicity efforts.
- Experience working with PR industry vendors and services as PR Newswire, Factiva, Vocus, Cision/Bacons Information, MediaMap etc.
- Experience coordinating media relations and generating positive press coverage.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven success cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with global media organizations, including print, online and broadcast, to generate maximum media coverage.
- Experience working independently in a diverse organization, yet also contribute to the overall team strategy and goals.
- Proven communicator; able to concisely convey complex concepts in a decipherable manner.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading and verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously; candidates with project management experience a plus.
- Mastery of MS Office suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Initiates, plans, develops, and manages the execution of thought-leadership communications strategies to support organizational objectives while maintaining and increasing the organization's awareness among key constituencies, including mass and trade media, grasstops, regulators and lawmakers on the state and federal levels.
- Selecting appropriate external forums to convey HCSC's story and preparing HCSC spokespeople for speaking engagements.
- Ability to understand highly technical and specialized knowledge and build into compelling story
- Proactively foster and maintain authentic and strategic internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Developing innovative and targeted communication strategies, messaging and tactics that engage and deliver against HCSC's business strategies.
- Creating briefing materials for executives, tracking timelines and budget and managing internal and external approval processes.
- Monitoring effectiveness of all projects, evolving, improving and updating information when needed, including directing outside agencies when applicable
- Discovering, analyzing and recommending emerging technologies for internal and external applications, where applicable
- Independently conduct campaign-based optimizations focused on improving on-site organic targeting. Determining appropriate keyword targets. Build Meta data tag charts, including title tags, Meta descriptions and page headings. Identify rudimentary technical SEO issues regarding crawling and indexation. Think strategically about business targets and objectives for SEO initiatives
Requirements: Expertise Corporate Strategy, Communications, Other Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top