Manager Product Development - Emerging Products
Job ID: CH-1018158 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This role is a leadership position within Product Solutions, and is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, which will manage a highly-motivated team that leads Emerging Product efforts. The role will provide leadership to a team with a focus on: evaluating emerging market trends, addressing strategic product development questions and next generation product opportunities, providing strategic support to leadership and leading early stage product initiatives, and involvement in large and complex product management and development initiatives. This position will present recommendations and findings to executive leadership. This role will have 3 direct reports.
This position will also oversee product management from growth and maturity to retirement; ensure portfolio meets company profitability and operational requirements; provide leadership and consulting services to internal areas in defining product and scope including benefits, services, pricing targets, platform and vendor relationships; and providing product expertise and advocacy in delivering presentations to internal and external customers. Will also conduct strategic product and market assessments for company executives.
This position is responsible for managing the department involved in the development of products from inception to project launch and assisting Sales and Account Management in developing products that address their respective customer needs that meet company profitability, operational requirements. Responsible for ensuring development and implementation initiatives meet assigned deadlines; coordinating local needs with Enterprise Product Leadership, and providing consulting services to internal areas in defining product and scope including benefits, services, target pricing, platform and vendor relationships.
- Bachelor Degree.
- 8 years experience in health insurance, benefits administration, account management, and/or product development.
- 3 years experience developing products from inception to launch.
- Experience developing, guiding, or providing on-the-job training to staff.
- Experience delivering presentations independently to external clients.
- Verbal and written communications skills to include directing and managing staff, developing and facilitating presentations, and ability to interface with Senior Management.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of the financial workings of the corporation.
- Knowledge of sales distribution activities.
- Sales and marketing techniques, knowledge of marketplace and competition, and underwriting knowledge.
- Analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to autonomously manage complex corporate projects.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Health care industry experience
- Experience leading internal consulting projects
- Experience in marketing and/or management consulting.
Requirements: Expertise Marketing / E-Solutions Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top