Manager Procurement & Support Services
At HCSC, building a talent engine for the future is a key priority because we recognize that as our business evolves to reflect the changing world, we must adapt our workforce to meet this challenge. Additionally, with "excellence" as one of our core values, we are focused on improving our success measures and delivering the best possible customer experience.
This position is responsible for leading a team of resources within PSS and the management of a team of strategic sourcing staff and providing leadership around the of identification, development, and execution of sourcing and procurement processes and project plans. This role will be focused leading a team to identify and lead strategic sourcing initiatives to reduce costs and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies.This position will also interface with various HCSC business units to better understand their challenges and identify sourcing and contracting strategies to best help with their areas of need. Leading teams around market research, total cost analyses and partnering with PSS Vendor Management teams to identify risks will be main responsibilities under this position.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance and/or Engineering and 5 years business experience in financial or supply chain operations, OR 8 years of financial or supply chain operations experience
• Strategically oriented, focused on the customer and their needs
• Confident communication skills
• Effectively build rapport and trust
• Experience in presentation, project management and leadership skills.
• Experience in negotiating, advanced skills to structure beneficial contracts, and ability to evolve contracts to best-in-class and minimize risk to HCSC
• Demonstrable people management skills and the ability to resolve conflict
• Experience using or supporting enterprise procurement systems, like Oracle and Ariba
• Experience leading complex projects and driving change management
• Experience developing reports for senior leader review .
• Supports confidential initiatives; advises leadership on procurement associated ethics issues.
• Knowledge of corporate purchasing/procurement policies
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum 2 years management experience including leading and/or mentoring procurement professionals
• Experience sourcing IT services
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Procurement / Strategic Sourcing Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top