Manager Health Educator
This position is responsible for managing health education programs offered by Health Educators that help individuals, families, and their communities maximize and maintain healthy lifestyles. In addition to training and managing a staff of Health Educators, this individual will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data to identify community needs prior to planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies and environments. The position will also be responsible for developing an annual Program Description, Health Education WorkPlan and Evaluation, and analyzing Health Education data and ensuring completeness and accuracy of the required Health Education reports to meet quality and regulatory requirements.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in Health Education, Health Promotion, Exercise Science or related field.
• 4 years of health promotion experience (wellness/fitness, disease management, behavioral health, occupational health programs)
• 2 years management or supervisory work experience
• Experience managing/supervising a program that focuses on health care
• Experience in assessing community health
• Proficient in Health Literacy concepts and experience with applying those concepts to maximize and maintain healthy lifestyles
• Experience facilitating group and/or individual educational sessions
• Experience with working with other community health workers; including representing the company with external customers
• Experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating Health Education programs or services.
• Proficiency in Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
• RN or licensed clinician
•This position will be located in Pullman at the 111th Street Gateway Retail Center
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Other Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top