Manager Divisional Informatics
Job ID: CP-1017328 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for managing the gathering and assessing business information needs and preparing system requirements. Manages and controls the activities of a team of analysts that performs analyses, development and evaluation of data mining in a data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation. Uses data mining and data analysis tools. Reviews and validates data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy. Generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts. Integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements. Programs and maintains report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources. May create specifications for reports based on business requests. Interacts with user community to produce reporting requirements. Provides technical consulting to users of the various data warehouses and advises users on conflicts and inappropriate data usage. Responsible for prototyping solutions, preparing test scripts, and conducting tests and for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses. Maintains knowledge of software tools, languages, scripts, and shells that effectively support the data warehouse environment in different operating system environments. Possesses working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and data warehouse front-end tools. Must have an extensive knowledge of data warehouse and data mart concepts.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years information / data management experience experience OR 6 years information / data management experience.
- 2 years managing large, cross-functional teams and projects
- Experience with business intelligence tools; designing, reporting and delivering analytical solutions; data management and warehousing, and the strategic use of information.
- Knowledge of the Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing industry including strategies, products, technologies, and vendors.
- Experience in auditing quality of informatics, establishing governance and process around data management
- Experience leading technical and non-technical resources in data driven projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at different levels (management, business, technical) . Strong leadership, negotiating, and consensus-building skills.
- Strategic thinking and project management skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Proven experience using Teradata, SQL, Hadoop/Hive/Pig, Tableau, and/or SAS
- Experience with Health Care data analytics in a large and diverse environment
- Experience working in UNIX / LINUX environments and shell scripting
- Understanding of industry standards such as 820, 834, 837, NCPDP.
- Experience with data exchange such as SFTP, Axway / Edifecs, etc
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous experience in ETL development/programming, data cleansing, and load utilities
- Previous record of being a data subject matter expert, data scientist or architect
This position is based in Richardson, TX or Chicago, IL.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top