Manager Corporate Tax Compliance
Job ID: EG-1019244 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for managing staff in the preparation of HCSCs monthly federal and state income tax accruals, HCSCs federal and state separate company and state unitary income tax returns, HCSCs income tax account reconciliations, and HCSCs federal consolidated and state separate company and state unitary income estimated tax payments; Managing, establishing, and coordinating the tax compliance processes for HCSCs annual federal life nonlife consolidated income tax return; Coordinating with the Tax Audit Team, the Director Corporate Tax, and the Vice President of Corporate Tax the management of HCSC*s accounting for income tax contingencies; Communicating with the Tax Audit Team HCSCs annual income tax filing positions; Prepare and perform analysis of HCSC income tax compliance and accounting information as required for management reporting analytics; Addressing technical issues under Subchapter L of the Internal Revenue Code, including IRC Section 833 applicable for existing Blue Cross Blue Shield organizations.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
- Minimum 8 years related work experience in federal and state income taxation with public accounting or corporation with sales in excess of 1 billion, including both tax accounting and tax compliance
- Experience with various forms of tax authorities
- Excellent tax research skills
- Experience with Investment Tax Accounting
- Intermediate skill level in MS Excel
- Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger system
- Experience with OneSource Tax Compliance software
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Minimum 4 years direct or indirect supervisory experience
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with Subchapter L and 833 of the IRC
- Master*s degree of Science in Taxation / Accounting or equivalent graduate degree
This position is located in Chicago, IL.
Visa Sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Requirements: Expertise Accounting / Finance Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top