Lead Actuarial Systems Analyst
Job ID: LMS-1018459 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position will support the 2Rs program (reinsurance and risk adjustment) as part of the implementation of the requirements of the Affordable Care Act overseen by the Actuarial Department.
The incumbent will be responsible for the planning, development, analysis, and implementation of procedures and/or processes to ensure accurate claims and enrollment data are submitted to the government;
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Support and experience full project / software development lifecycle
- Analyze business requirements and assist in designing business solutions
- Perform unit acceptance testing of solutions developed by IT team
- Perform post-implementation verification after project deployment
- Write SQL queries to illustrate the issue or test the solutions
- Assist in the documentation of business processes
Develop and maintain management reporting dashboards
- Run reporting dashboards periodically based on program schedules
- Make necessary application enhancements to support dynamic changing business rules
- Develop and analyze functional data and performance reports
- Use SQL programming (DDLs, DMLs, aggregate/window aggregate/ordered analytical functions) in the creation and maintenance of the data mart
Perform data analysis, data profiling and research to support business initiatives or solve data issues
- Perform root cause analysis of errors and recommend solutions
- Manipulate large data sets and interpret results using data aggregation functions
- Validate data to ensure accuracy, quality and integrity
Perform ad hoc analytics and reporting
- Develop and analyze business performance (e.g. claims, membership data)
- Create and publish analytic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports
Collaborate with internal and external partners in establishment, design and execution of business rules
Demonstrate ownership and accountability on assigned projects
Work with minimal supervision
Contribute to best practices.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science.
- 4 years of information technology experience working on mainframe systems.
- 4 years of experience with relational database technology.
- 4 years of experience in a job requiring analysis with healthcare information data analysis.
- 4 years of experience with SQL, Access, APL or other relational database systems tools.
- 4 years of experience in system development and programming.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills, experience, knowledge, or education:
- Advanced SQL programming skills.
- Experience with Teradata or other database systems
- Experience in database design/development, database administration, and business intelligence
- Experience in data analysis and analytical reporting
- Proficiency with advanced Excel features and techniques; VBA skills desired
- Experience with dataset application programming (R, Python) desired
- Familiarity with agile/scrum or other project methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate ideas and results effectively
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects concurrently
- ACA claims/membership experience
This position is located in Chicago, IL. Visa Sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top