Lead Actuarial Associate
Job ID: LMS-1018798 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
Join one of the newest "startup" teams within Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, New Mexico, Montana, Oklahoma & Texas to help lead our provider partners to value-based care. You will leverage our data assets and combine them with other data sources to build and communicate analytic tools to support the development of innovative payment models. You will also manage projects to bring these models to implementation, by engaging with stakeholders to get buy-in and understand processes. This position is perfect for an actuary or analytics expert who is healthcare-data-savvy, creative, and passionate about changing the way health care is delivered.
This position is responsible for designing, constructing and quantifying fee-for-value payment models to support HCSC's diverse membership in all plans and lines of business. This role uses tools such as SAS, SQL and Excel to turn HCSC data sources into informative analytics and provide strategic insight for decision making about HCSC's fee-for-value models. The role also provides internal consulting and project leadership to HCSC plans or other stakeholder teams on value-based models. The role leads creative research in analyzing financial and health data, including medical algorithms to determine health care expenditures, medical and economic outcomes, and cost containment strategies, and identification and interpretation of trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. The role is suited for a professional with strong analytic and business acumen, including an actuary (or actuarial student), or analytics consultant.
- Bachelor Degree and 3 years of actuarial experience
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Takes initiative to solve complex problems; takes an "outside –in" perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Preference will be given to applicants with the following skills, experience, education, or knowledge:
- Master Degree or Bachelor Degree in Actuarial Science,Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Accounting
- Previous experience using SQL, Teradata SQL, Tableau, SAS and/or SAS Enterprise Miner
- Ability to create ad hoc reports using advanced Excel techniques
- Experience in health care data analytics and reporting
- Analytical Thinking, Communication for Results, Conceptual Thinking, Information Seeking, Takes Initiative, Results Oriented, Team Player
This position is based in Chicago, IL or Richardson, TX.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
Requirements: Expertise Actuarial Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top