BASIC FUNCTION: This position is responsible for leading accountants and accounting clerks; responsible for workflow management, coaching and feedback, training, and employee development; providing input to goal setting, hiring/selection, and performance reviews. Overseeing the department's daily and weekly accounting activities and ensuring billing and balancing issues get resolved. Overseeing critical processes such as delinquency monitoring, settlements, renewals, claims exceptions, and sub ledger and general ledger entries. Reviewing accuracy of account setup for billing new ASO accounts. Reviewing weekly and monthly billing and settlement credit and debit adjustments before entry. Reviewing and approving journal entries and account reconciliations. Documenting new processes and procedures and recommending and implementing process improvements. Providing training for new employees in department function and policies.
• Bachelor Degree in Business.
• 3 years accounting experience.
• PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes.
• Employee development, work management, and motivation skills.
• Clear, concise oral and written communication, with good grammar and word choice, matched to the audience.
• Self motivated/self starter.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Accounting Degree.
• Customer service experience.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience with delinquency and collection policy.
• Knowledge of alternative funding products.
• Knowledge of billing and BARS setup for ASO products.
• Experience with PeopleSoft, BARS, BlueChip, G/L, Blue Star and VDR systems.
•General ledger account reconciliation experience
• Experience with Financial Reporting procedures and systems
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Accounting / Finance Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Back to top