Infrastructure Engineer Consultant - Hadoop
- Chicago, IL
This position is responsible for collaborating with Solutions Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, and Infrastructure Service Management teams in the design and build of infrastructure solutions/blueprints for the area of responsibility; participating in the design and build of repeatable patterns (build-kits) to improve deployment times for non-prod and prod environments; transitioning knowledge to Infrastructure Operations.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7-year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- Have hands-on experience in working with Hadoop distribution platforms like Hortonworks, Cloudera, and others
- Candidate should be ready for Hadoop on-call support if and when needed.
- Expert in implementing and troubleshooting hive, spark, pig, storm, Kafka, Nifi, Elastic Search, Solr, HBase applications.
- Working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known DevOps tools like Git and GitHub.
- Experience in a scripting language to automate Infrastructure deployments tasks
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
- Understanding of business priorities (e.g., vision), trends (e.g., industry knowledge) and markets (e.g., existing/ planned)
- Oral & written communications.
- Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions.
- Drive cross-functional execution.
- Adaptability and ability to introduce/manage change.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience in Hadoop application infrastructure engineering and development methodology background.
- Experience with Ambari, Hortonworks, and HDInsight
- Experience with Cloudera Technology (Azure/AWS)
- Experience with streaming technology(e.g Kafka)
- Experience with Kerberos, TLS encryption, SAML, LDAP.
- Knowledge in the cloud (Azure/AWS) big data solutions using EMR, HDInsight, Kinesis, Azure Event Hubs, etc
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson, IL - Chicago
Back to top