Job ID: DE-1019544 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for gathering and assessing business information needs and preparing system requirements. Performs analyses, development and evaluation of data mining in a data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation. Uses data mining and data analysis tools. Reviews and validates data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy. Generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts. Integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements. Programs and maintains report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources.
May create specifications for reports based on business requests. Interacts with user community to produce reporting requirements. Provides technical consulting to users of the various data warehouses and advises users on conflicts and inappropriate data usage. Responsible for prototyping solutions, preparing test scripts, and conducting tests and for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses. Maintains knowledge of software tools, languages, scripts, and shells that effectively support the data warehouse environment in different operating system environments. Possesses working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and data warehouse front-end tools. Must have an extensive knowledge of data warehouse and data mart concepts.
- Bachelor Degree and 2 years experience with data analysis and manipulation OR 4 years experience with data analysis and manipulation.
- 2 years experience in SQL or BASIC programming language.
- 2 years of data analysis and information reporting experience.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, and the creation of queries and reports using SQL or reporting tools (i.e., Cognos).
- Strong analytical, conceptual and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously both independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal, written and communication skills.
- Requires knowledge and experience in own function; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills
- Builds own knowledge of HCSC, business processes and customers
- Solves a range of problems
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Analytical Thinking: Approaches a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach; makes a systematic comparison of tow or more alternatives; notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information; identifies a set of features, parameters or considerations to take into account, in analyzing a situation or making a decision; approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail; weighs the costs, benefits, risks and chances for success, in making a decision identifies many possible causes for a problem; carefully weighs the priority of things to be done.
- Communication for Results: Fosters two-way communication; recalls others main points and takes them into account in own communication; checks own understanding of others communication; elicits comments or feedback on what has been said; maintains continuous open and consistent communication with others.
- Conceptual Thinking: Uses rule of thumb to understand a situation or problem by putting the pieces together, seeing the large picture; identifies patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related; identifying key or underlying issues in complex situations.
- Information Seeking: Recognizes and interprets the information problem; establishes a plan of search; conducts the search; evaluates the results, and if necessary, iterates through the process again.
- Openness to Learning: Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customers needs effectively. Has desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more effectively
- Results Orientation: Listens and responds effectively to customer inquiries; resolves issues; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; presents a cheerful, positive manner with customers.
- Teamwork: Works harmoniously with others to get a job completed; responds positively to instructions and procedures; able to work well with staff, co-workers, peers and managers.
- Thoroughness: Accomplishes a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small; monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Understanding Environment: Understands agendas and perspectives of others, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of ones own group with those of the broader organization.
1) Previous experience using Teradata SQL and/or SAS
2) Experience in health care data analytics, profiling, and reporting
3) Experience working with different business processes such as claims/encounters, membership, etc
4) Experience working with Medicare data
5) Excellent VBA scripting, Excel, and process automation skills
6) Experiencing loading and unloading data to/from databases using different file formats
7) Experience with statistics and data analysis
8) Experience with data exchange such as SFTP, etc
9) Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top