Holistic Health Coordinator
Job ID: RHB-1020097 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for performing a variety of functions and is a single source of contact for members, health care personnel and all other entities involved in managing care. Identifies alternate treatment programs; consults with physicians, providers, members, and other resources to evaluate options and services required to meet an individual's health needs; promotes quality and cost effective outcomes; and serves as liaison to physicians and members. Other functions also include, determining member assignment of treatment, and pre-admission/post-discharge counseling for an acute condition. Establish relationship with the member. Handle immediate post discharge follow-up or until all short term care needs are met. Provide education/local resource information and encourage member (self) education. Functioning in a clinical care advisory role, assesses members for wellness education and disease management, introduces members to our website tools, educates members regarding wellness and specific conditions, and facilitates the coordination of care for identified members.
- LVN or LMSW with current, valid, unrestricted license in state of operations
- 2 years of clinical practice experience of direct clinical care to the customer
- 1 year of experience in care management/condition management in a health insurance/managed care setting
- PC proficiency to include Word and Excel and database experience
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity of ancillary services including HHC, SNF, Hospice, etc
- Analytical skills
- Decision making skills to include clinical judgment
- Incumbents with nursing licenses in positions/departments requiring multi-state licenses are required to obtain and maintain additional current, valid, and unrestricted applicable nursing licenses in other states as determined by management. Multi-state license fees will be provided by HCSC. Incumbents with other clinical licenses are not required to obtain multi-state licenses.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in managing complex or catastrophic health cases
- Specialty clinical experience in intensive care medicine, orthopedic, NICU/pediatric, oncology, diabetic member management, obstetric (low to high risk maternity management)
- Working toward or completion of CCM/CCP/CDE/MCG certification or Advanced degree
- Knowledge of Milliman Guidelines or similar clinical guidelines
- Knowledge of medical management policies and procedures.
Requirements: Expertise Nursing Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Abilene
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top