Health Exchange Data Consultant
- Chicago, IL
The Health Data Exchange Consultant will be part of an important large scale initiative to advance healthcare interoperability and strengthen collaboration in order to improve patient care. This position is responsible for meaningful work involving the adoption, operations and/or delivery of capabilities needed to support and expand Health Data Exchange. Responsibilities will include: fostering strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders; addressing issues / risk from stakeholders; coordinating comprehensive solutions; and proactively identifying improvements to health data exchange capability delivery.
* Bachelor's degree and 5 years of applicable background/experience
* Experience with project management involving multi-functional teams
* Knowledge of health data exchange standards (such as HL7, FHIR, API, EDI, CDS Hooks, CDA, etc.), clinical data sets (such as CPT, SNOMED, ICD, LOINC, etc.), and/or interoperability in healthcare
* Knowledge of terminology and concepts used in the health insurance industry.
* Strong decision-making skills.
* Robust and demonstrable analytic and organizational skills.
* Knowledge of data elements and relationship rules used to establish data quality.
* Knowledge of the EDW model and tables.
* Experience working with data repositories to certify data elements and data derivatives.
* Experience working with Information Technology in managing backend client reporting systems.
* Understanding of the source systems, model, file layouts, and table design.
* Must understand data definitions and mapping rules used to develop reports.
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills including interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Data Analytics, Engineering, Health Information Management, Healthcare Administration, IT/Computer Science or a related analytic field
* Knowledge of EHRs (Epic, Athena Health, Allscripts, Cerner, NextGen etc.) or HIE/health data exchange standards, clinical data sets and/or interoperability in healthcare.
* Knowledge of terminology and concepts used in the healthcare and health insurance industry or familiarity with business intelligence, data analytics, data warehousing, informatics or other information technology.
* Experience with project or program management involving multi-functional teams.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Analytics & Reporting, Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top