Health Coordinator Govt Prog
Job ID: SW-1019116 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for contacting members, clinical staff, community partners and physicians on case and/or care management. Contact members to inform and educate them on our medical management programs; conducting research, performing data entry, responding to inquiries from members, assist with the completion of health risk assessments, and receive member calls regarding quality of care and supporting the clinicians in the Government Programs department with their provider and member activities.
Please Note: This is a union position. Pay is $16.80 per hour and is non-negotiable.
- 1 year of college and 2 years experience with automated systems OR 3 years experience with automated systems.
- 1 year experience with managed care system(s).
- Experience coordinating member needs, providing assistance to members, and analyzing member needs.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of managed care claims systems.
- PC proficiency including Microsoft Office applications.
- Customer service skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills including interpersonal skills to assist and educate members and coordinate care with community partners, physician offices, developing written correspondence to members and to other department personnel, and to support department personnel and functions.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- College course work or at least one (1) year of experience in social work and/or clinical psychiatry
- Certified Recovery Support Specialist certification (CRSS)
- Previous experience with the Medicaid and Medicare population
Requirements: Expertise General Health Care Job Type Full-Time Regular Union Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top