Financial Strategy & Planning Consultant
Job ID: LMS-1019546 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
HCSC is committed to providing the best possible experience for our members and in support of this mission, we are building out a new team who will partner with product line business leaders, our actuaries, our analytics group and financial reporting to develop business strategies and targets to improve overall business performance. This position will have exposure to high level executives and the ability to make a significant impact on our business. We are looking for critical thinkers who thrive on helping to build a team to its full potential.
This position is responsible for leading in critical analysis of models, studies and systems for the purposes of driving a deep understanding of the financial outcomes of a Line of Business; and facilitating preparation of analytical reports and presentation materials. Develops financial and operational insight with respect to performance data and other materials that help shape decisions on business strategy and tactics, to help achieve performance imperatives such as revenue growth and cost savings. This position will also demonstrate a deep understanding of industry concepts, including an understanding of the Companys specific practices, procedures, systems and applications.
Leads in the application inputs of membership and margin targets from Company and business leadership to shape into a multi-year plan to achieve projected outcomes.
Defines, identifies, and reviews targets and financial levers to achieve certain business outcomes.
Facilitates assisting business leadership with understanding concepts around competitive pricing, in order to achieve membership goals, revenue goals, claims targets, margin goal and administrative expense goals.
Consults with business leadership to understand budget levers that can be utilized to achieve certain business outcomes.
Performs complex analysis and demonstrates a deep understanding of the financial outcomes for a Line of Business.
Leads in designing and developing models, studies and databases that will support analyses of financial outcomes for a Line of Business.
Leads in activities to compose, organize and facilitate presentations.
- Facilitates projects, and leads the work of others.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics, or related fields. Other Bachelor Degrees may be considered.
- 5 years of experience in financial consulting or financial analysis.
- Advanced PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint or similar. Proficiency in designing reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to prepare effective documentation, facilitate training and development, and participate in presentations.
- Experience working cross-functionally within all levels of the organization, leading projects and in problem resolution.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and leveraging collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and business leaders, to accept recommendations, cooperate or change their behavior, facilitating the accomplishment of business goals.
- Negotiation and influencing skills. Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Master Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics.
- Health insurance industry experience.
- Tableau, PowerPoint or similar.
This position is located in Chicago,IL. Visa sponsorship is not provided for this role.
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top