Financial Analysis Consultant
Job ID: EG-1017376 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
SUMMARY: This position in Finance is responsible for supporting Financial Planning and Analysis activities across the Service Delivery Organization (SDO). The SDO exists to serve members, providers and internal partners across three Lines of Business (Group, Government and Retail). The SDO is a shared services organization that supports Lines of Business operations, payment services, member services and provider services. This role supports a FP&A Manager who works closely with SDO leadership, departments and project owners to maximize the value of each dollar spent. This leader will be a finance thought partner in SDO's transformation through continuous improvement of business processes and focus on operational efficiencies.
In addition, this position will be responsible for supporting the budget and financial metric processes across Internal Operations. The position will need to be an excellent team player with an aptitude for understanding both financial and operational concepts/procedures for the divisions supported. Continual development and practicing of sound relationship management with internal and external customers will be critical. Activities will include those cost containment/reduction, budget and resource planning, monitoring/analysis of financial metrics, reporting, and forecasting. Areas of responsibility may also include managing financial initiatives and strategies; managing accounting and invoicing systems/processes, capital planning/management for IT equipment/software, Enterprise Portfolio Management to include financial reporting, forecasting, and estimation, as well as managing financial goals and objectives.
This position is responsible for providing support to all levels of Internal Operations and Enterprise Portfolio management and customers in the development and monitoring of divisional budgets and corporate projects; building complex financial models; and determining impact of potential mergers and acquisition partners. Accountable for financial initiatives and strategies, accounting systems and funding strategies to ensure adherence to budgets, and budgeted financial goals and objectives.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance OR 8 years of experience in accounting, finance, business, and/or economics.
- Knowledge of tools/applications used within Internal Operations (i.e. Blue View, Center View, Workforce Tools, PeopleSoft, Ariba, ITAM, ISAM, Clarity, eBudget) and experience with comparable tools.
- Strategically oriented; financial and business acumen skills.
- Knowledge with investment valuation techniques including ROI, NPV, EVA, RBC.
- Knowledge with lease/buy analysis.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Divisional budget preparation.
- Manage conflicting interests of business partners.
- Challenge conventional thinking and facilitate robust conversations to address issues and drive results.
- Customer service skills including managing customers
- expectations and/or vendor relationships.
- Negotiation skills.
- Presentation, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes.
- Detail orientated.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- MBA or Masters in Accounting, Finance or MIS.
- Strong financial planning, and analysis skills
- Experience with financial modeling and operations finance experience.
- Experience with business/financial models/business cases and forecasting.
- One year of coaching or mentoring experience.
Requirements: Expertise Accounting / Finance Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top