Family Health Nurse - Registered Nurse (RN)
Job ID: KB-1019975 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
As a member of our HEB Regional Custom Care Team, you will have the opportunity to improve the quality of life of HEB employees by providing them with healthcare guidance and support when and where they need it!
Join us and grow your career as we do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health!
This position is responsible for conducting medical management activities including condition management, care coordination, and performing assessments to create a care plan. This position will represent the company before client management, members, and physicians.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with 2 years direct clinical care to the consumer in a clinical setting.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with current, valid, unrestricted license in the state of operations (or reciprocity). For compact licensee changing permanent residence to state of operations, you must obtain active, unrestricted RN licensure in the state of operations within 90 days of hire.
- Plus 3 years wellness or managed care experience presenting clinical issues with members/physicians.
- Knowledge of the health and wellness marketplace and employer trends.
- Verbal and written communication skills including composing and conducting presentations, facilitating client specific programs, and interfacing with internal staff/management and external vendors and community resources.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, database experience and Web based applications.
- Organizational skills for maintaining a library of presentation of interventions and outcomes.
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed including overnight stays.
- Ability and willingness to provide coverage after hours on a call rotation
- Incumbents with nursing licenses in positions/departments requiring multi-state licenses are required to obtain and maintain additional current, valid, and unrestricted applicable nursing licenses in other states as determined by management. Multi-state license fees will be provided by HCSC. Incumbents with other clinical licenses are not required to obtain multi-state licenses.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 years clinical experience.
- Patient education experience.
- Condition Management experience.
- Recent experience either telephonic or in person clinical support working with patients with chronic illnesses, including Diabetes, CAD, hypertension, CHF, COPD.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Experience in managing complex or catastrophic cases.
- Certification in Case Management, Training, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or nationally recognized health care certification.
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing or other behavior change communication techniques.
Requirements: Expertise Nursing Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Abilene, TX - Midland, TX - San Antonio
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top