Enterprise Suppllier Management Senior Advisor
This position is responsible for expertly executing supplier management and governance of enterprise critical vendors and business relationships, by ensuring adherence to contractual obligations, enforcement of penalties and monitoring of supplier risk. This position monitors / analyzes vendor performance, measures performance against SLAs, KPIs, identifies supplier improvement/innovation opportunities, coordinates supplier audit activities / responds to and coordinates supplier interactions with HCSC departments. This position may also be responsible for monitoring trends and industrys best practices and for proactively raising recommendations to improve value within vendor governance or business outcomes.
This role serves as a critical and senior member of a high performing team, responsible for executing on supplier governance solutions for suppliers in support of the HCSC business needs. Responsible for fostering relationships (internal and external), and managing performance and issues for complex, enterprise and critical suppliers (Tier 1) from our defined supplier portfolio and within multiple categories. Responsible for understanding key risk and contingency plan strategies with the business. Responsible for fostering business critical relationships and supporting category and divisional strategies. This position is accountable for managing all aspects of supplier management including measuring performance and the metrics of success, ensuring suppliers are delivering on business needs, driving supplier performance improvements/innovations and mitigating suppler risk. Provides oversight and direction to external third-party vendors to ensure adherence to HCSC standards and requirements. In addition, member is responsible for training and mentoring junior team members, and implementing the identified opportunities directly alongside senior management. Further this team member will also participate and lead process improvement initiatives to dive better supplier governance.
Required Job Qualifications:
• College Degree in Business or Finance, or 6 years of relevant experience
• Expert knowledge of vendor management processes
• Effective team and peer leadership and influence; strategic thinker who is energized by change and impact
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive knowledge and skills to participate and be effective in vendor interactions and vendor management with industry suppliers
• Experience developing, reviewing contracts and recommending improvements
• Extensive Knowledge of vendor management best practices (specific performance management, risk, compliance, and audit vendor processes)
• Analytical skills and business acumen to determine how to best leverage deal points
• Conflict resolution skills
• Consistent thought leadership
• Sense of Urgency
• Extensive experience in project management and contract negotiation.
• Extensive experience developing presentations and presenting to management and other internal groups.
• Self-sufficient on all projects, and vendor management with minimal to no leadership direction
• Ability to lead projects without much leadership guidance
• Lead and drive to desired customer outcomes
• Problem solver who can drive change
• Viewed as expert in field
• PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to drive to conflict resolution
• Ability to influence stakeholders
• Ability to negotiate successfully with suppliers
• Ability to be a peer leader and mentor junior team members
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 4 - 8 years of experience in vendor management, strategic sourcing and contract negotiation, or higher level education (e.g. MBA)
• Knowledge of HCSC organization
• Knowledge of Business Process Outsourcing or Information Technology Outsourcing
• Knowledge of Insurance industry
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Procurement / Strategic Sourcing Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top