Enterprise Architect-Health Analytics
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Enterprise Architects are responsible for the definition and communication of all architectural aspects of Health Care Service Corporation's (HCSC's) Future State Architecture. Since the architecture needs of HCSC vary in depth and breadth, there are several different types of architects performing this work.
This Enterprise Architect position plays the role of the architecture leader for HCSC's HealthAnalytics portfolio, which is responsible for developing HCSC's strategic data and analytics capability across the enterprise. The Enterprise Architect for HealthAnalytics leads a matrixed team of business architects, solution architects, data architects, application architects, and others, while stewarding the portfolio's Future State Architecture from definition through implementation. As the architecture leader accountable for all architecture delivery for the portfolio, the Enterprise Architect for HealthAnalytics is expected to:
- Partner with portfolio executives to understand technology, business, and market dynamics, and develop technical strategies and roadmaps for information architecture, data, and analytics;
- Partner with other Enterprise Architects to drive architecture alignment between portfolios and to the enterprise future state
- Drive conceptual architectures and solution candidates to guide planning and estimation for key investments in alignment with HCSC's future architecture;
- Advance the practice of architecture across the organization;
- Lead, mentor, and coach solution architects, data architects, application architects, and other architecture team members;
Advise business leadership on emerging technology and innovations
• Bachelor Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Management, Programming, Economics, Engineering, OR related discipline with an advanced degree preferred, or its equivalent.
• Enterprise Architecture experience, including:
- IT and business strategy development
- Architecture modeling
- Development of strategic roadmaps
- Large program planning, management and delivery
- Architecture standards governance
• 12+ years of Architecture experience including with strong knowledge in the following domains of Enterprise Architecture: Business Architecture, Applications Architecture, Information/Data Architecture and Technical Architecture.
• Significant experience with data and information architecture, including:
a) Information Architecture & Data Technology
- Relational Data technologies
- NoSQL Data technologies
- Data Warehousing
- Big Data technologies / patterns
- Data Streaming
b) Data Modeling
c) Data Science, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Reporting
d) Data Governance and Stewardship
• Strong stakeholder management skills and leadership skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to quickly develop impactful presentations.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Strategic minded thinking with critical thinking skills, strong analytical skills and creative problem-solving ability.
• Application Portfolio Management, Technology Lifecycle Management, Project Portfolio Management expertise.
• Ability to quickly learn in a rapidly changing environment and make an impact.
• Proactive mindset and ability to drive outcomes to completion while negotiating with various matrixed stakeholders.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Healthcare industry expertise
- Claims Processing domain expertise
- Healthcare Management domain expertise
- Technology and management consulting experience
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top