As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
BASIC FUNCTION :
Enterprise Architects are responsible for the definition and communication of all architectural aspects of Health Care Service Corporation's (HCSC's) Future State Architecture. Since the Architecture needs of HCSC vary in depth and breadth, there are several different types of Enterprise Architects (EA) performing this work.
This position is responsible for partnering with senior level business and IT leadership to define the future state architecture for HCSC's Finance & Actuarial, and Corporate Services portfolios. The Finance & Actuarial portfolio is responsible for finance, accounting, and actuarial operations and capabilities that support the enterprise across all lines of business. The Corporate Services portfolio is responsible for supporting enterprise capabilities, including Human Resources, Marketing, Legal, Corporate Communications, and Facilities. This position leads a matrixed team while stewarding the architecture from definition through implementation; partners with portfolio executives on developing business architectures and the strategic information technology roadmap; develops candidate architectures for key investments, mentors and coaches solution architects and application architects; advises business leadership on emerging technology innovation; stewards application portfolio management realization; and plays a critical part in aligning business and technology strategy to be successful in the changing healthcare marketplace.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Architecture Definition - Responsible for the definition, clarification, and communication of all architectures within assigned areas of Finance & Actuarial and Corporate Services throughout the life-cycle of concept to value delivery, including:
• Collaboratively developing and clarifying architectural options
• Providing business and technical justification including CBA, ROI, impacts and risks of the options
• Clarifying conflicts & strategic tradeoffs with business areas and other IT stakeholders include peers
• Gaining agreement on proposed architecture and the navigating it through the organization
2. Portfolio Architecture Development / Evergreening - Develop and maintain an enterprise architecture plan that is aligned with the business strategy & plan. Conduct architecture assessments. Communicate and clarify the plan to the business organization and to HealthTech.
3. Stakeholder Relationship Management - As the senior architect for a business area, manage stakeholders within the business and HealthTech divisions to gain alignment on technology investment.
4. Application & Technology Portfolio Management - Provide architecture input to the prioritization of all enterprise initiatives. Identify redundant or complimentary application & technology initiatives across HCSC.
5. Workforce Development - Mentor all HCSC Architects to grow and develop business and technical acumen.
• Coach individuals in the development of their career and continuously enhance HCSC career development capability.
• Mentor all EAS technologists in architecture, design, development, communication, strategy, planning, deployment, and negotiating skills.
6.Technology Leadership - Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of enterprise architecture technologies through leading, interacting and discussing subject area with industry peers, vendors and consultants. Apply knowledge in the continued development and enhancement of architecture plans for HCSC.
7. Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
8. Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
9. Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
•Bachelor Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Management, Programming, Economics, Engineering, OR a related discipline with an advanced degree preferred, or its equivalent.
- 12+ years of Architecture experience including with strong knowledge in the following domains of Enterprise Architecture: Business Architecture, Applications Architecture, Information/Data Architecture and Technical Architecture.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to quickly develop impactful presentations.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Strategic minded thinking with critical thinking skills, strong analytical skills and creative problem-solving ability.
- Experienced in conducting Architecture Assessments.
- Significant experience with Solution Architecture.
- Application Portfolio Management, Technology Lifecycle Management, Project Portfolio Management expertise.
- Ability to quickly learn in a rapidly changing environment and make an impact.
- Proactive mindset and ability to drive outcomes to completion while negotiating with various matrixed stakeholders.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Healthcare or Insurance industry expertise
- Finance or accounting domain expertise
- Claims Processing domain expertise
- Healthcare Management domain expertise
- Technology and management consulting experience
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Sr. Tooling DevOps Engineer
Aparna coordinates with her team in Chicago as they work to activate a wide range of applications onto newer platforms while acclimating users to the new apps and processes.
Back to top