Job ID: NS-1019940 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
"As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members."
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining existing and new applications; knowing one or more programming languages; knowing one or more development methodologies / delivery models.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- Possess ability to manage workload, manage multiple priorities, and manage conflicts with customers/employees/managers, as applicable.
- Must have extensive hands on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions in Hadoop cluster.
- Must have experience with strong UNIX shell scripting, SQOOP, eclipse, HCatalog .
- Must have experience with NoSql Databases like HBASE, Mongo or Cassandra
- Must have experience with Developing Pig scripts/Hive QL ,UDF for analyzing all semi-structured/unstructured/structured data flows.
- Must have working experience with Developing MapReduce programs running on the Hadoop cluster using Java/Python.
- Must have working experience with Spark and Scala.
- Must have knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Must demonstrate Hadoop best practices
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in Hadoop production.
- Must have working experience in the data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, unit testing and integration testing.
- Assume ownership and accountability for the assigned deliverables through all phases of the development lifecycle.
- SDLC Methodology (Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development).
- System performance management.
- Systems change / configuration management.
- Business requirements management.
- Problem solving /analytical thinking.
- Creative thinking.
- Ability to execute.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Experience with Talend
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top