As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining existing and new applications; knowing one or more programming languages; knowing one or more development methodologies / delivery models.
Required Job Qualifications: Bachelor Degree and 2 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 4 year Information Technology experience OR 6 years Information Technology experience.
- Design, develop, test, debug, implement and maintain ETL workflows, shell scripts, and stored procedures to support new solution development
- Monitor performance of production ETL processes and correct any identified issues or problems
- Perform root cause analysis on problematic queries and ETL jobs
- Ensure standards & processes are followed including documented ETL design and specifications
- Optimize ETL processes for maximum efficiency
- Perform source to target data mapping
- Perform data analysis and profiling on data sources
- Perform and assess business rules and project plans
- Collaborate with IT & Business to provide required data, analysis and reports
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Assist in the design and development of a data stores, including requirements gathering, data analysis and the rest of the data warehouse lifecycle functions.
- Possess ability to sit and perform computer entry for entire work shift, as required.
- Possess ability to manage workload, manage mutliple priorities, and manage conflicts with customers/employees/managers, as applicable.
- Experience in application / product feature design.
- Experience in application configuration.
- Rapid prototyping.
- SDLC Methodology (Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development).
- System performance management.
- Systems change / configuration management.
- Business requirements management.
- Problem solving /analytical thinking.
- Creative thinking.
- Ability to execute.
- Preferred Job Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology. Formal ETL experience using Datastage
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects within different repository contexts
- Knowledge of DataStage 9.1 & Datstage 11.5 ETL tool and it's administration
- High proficiency/Knowledge in SQL, DB2 or Teradata
- Knowledge of data modeling tools such as Erwin
- Understanding of data modeling techniques and processes for Data Warehouse and Data Marts
- Knowledge in Large Data Warehouse projects and with large volumes of data
- Knowledge in query performance analysis, and issue detection
- Excellent understanding of relational and dimensional data models
- Knowledge in data profiling and data quality analysis
- Experience/Knowledge with data migrations and planning
- Experience/Knowledge in Unix Shell Scripting and hands-on experience in Linux
- Expertise/Knowledge with Production operations and production scheduling tool - Zena
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Back to top