Developer - Aptitude
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining existing and new applications; knowing one or more programming languages; knowing one or more development methodologies / delivery models.
Why do we come to work every day?We come to work to unleash the power of HCSC's purpose; to stand by our members in sickness and in health. We come to work every day to challenge the status quo and deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members. Through collaboration, we are delivering products that adapt to the changing needs of our members and shape the future.
How do we work?We program in a collaborative Agile environment because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice an approach to software engineering that that allows our developers to experience all types of teams, products, and technologies. We hold testing to the highest regard and practice Test Driven Development and refactoring.
What will you do?You will be part of the Application Development team that enables HCSC to stand by our members in sickness and in health through technology. This will include working on an Agile team focused on delivering innovative products to support our customers
Required Job Qualifications:
- Advance level Database/ETL/SQL skills along with basic Unix
- Oracle ERP Financials or Accounting applications background
- Possess ability to manage workload, manage multiple priorities, and manage conflicts with customers/employees/managers, as applicable.
- Experience in traditional app languages (Java)
- Experience in scripting languages (BASH / PERL / PYTHON / RUBY).
- Experience in application / product feature design.
- Experience in service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Experience in web technologies (HTML/CSS/Java/JQuery/Angular/Ruby/C).
- Experience in cloud computing technologies (SaaS / IaaS / PaaS).
- Experience in application configuration.
- Rapid prototyping.
- SDLC Methodology (Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development).
- System performance management.
- Systems change / configuration management.
- Business requirements management.
- Problem solving /analytical thinking.
- Creative thinking.
- Ability to execute.
- Bachelor Degree and 2 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 4 year Information Technology experience OR 6 years Information Technology experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Knowledge of the Aptitude application suite to enhance HCSC's finance architecture and improve the availability and quality of financial information.
- Knowledge of Infogix/ACR/Assure for Reconciliation and Balancing
- Experience working in the financial and/or actuary space.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top