Data Science Consultant
Job ID: ML-1019698 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for using advanced mathematical and statistical concepts and theories to analyze and collect data and construct solutions to business problems; performing complex statistical analysis on experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business analysts; constructing predictive models, algorithms and probability engines to support data analysis or product functions; verifies model and algorithm effectiveness based on real-world results; and designing experiments and methodologies to generate and collect data for business use. Responsible for aiding tactical decision making by using predictive and prescriptive modeling; and extracting actionable insights by identifying patterns in structured and unstructured data.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree and 5 years of experience in advanced mathematical and statistical concepts OR Master degree with 4 years of experience in advanced mathematical and statistical concepts.
- 2 years of experience in programmatic data analysis tools like SAS, R, MATLAB, SPSS etc.
- Proficiency in at least one high level programing languages like Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, C etc.
- Proficiency in data wrangling tools like SQL, Hive etc.
- Experience in data visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, MicroStrategy etc.
- Experience in big data ecosystems (Hadoop, No-SQL etc.)
- Conceptual and creative problem-solving skills; experience working with considerable ambiguity
- Experience learning new and complex concepts quickly.
- Knowledge with Healthcare Payer industry data.
- Clear and concise interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- PC proficiency with Microsoft applications including Access, Excel, Word and Power Point.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Master degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science.
Requirements: Expertise Other Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top